QT4 CG Meeting 018 Agenda 2023-01-17


This meeting will be hosted on Zoom at 16:00GMT (17:00CET, 11:00EST).

See the meeting logistics page for details.

1. Administrivia

1.1. Roll call

1.2. Approve the agenda

1.3. Approve minutes of previous meeting

Minutes of the previous meeting.

1.4. Next meeting

Regrets for the next meeting?

1.5. Review of open action items [0/17]

(Items marked [X] are believed to have been closed via email before this agenda was posted.)

  • [ ] QT4CG-002-10: BTW to coordinate some ideas about improving diversity in the group
  • [ ] QT4CG-015-02: NW to improve the width of the diagrams, perhaps multiple views
  • [ ] QT4CG-015-03: NW to make sure the direction of the arrow is in the legend
  • [ ] QT4CG-015-04: NW to investigate of a dynamic presentation is practical
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-02: NW to add an ed-note indicating when it was approved.
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-03: RD to add a note clarifying “known character encoding”
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-04: RD to add a note clarifying the “*”/”*” html/version combination
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-05: RD to add a “todo” noting the dependency on keyword arguments
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-06: RD to reword the introduction to mapping to clarify who’s doing the mapping
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-07: NW to make an issue about the problems of document-uri uniqueness
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-08: RD to clarify how namespace comparisons are performed.
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-09: RD to add a note stating that the local name should always be lowercase
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-10: RD to consider how to clarify parsed entity parsing.
  • [ ] QT4CG-017-01: MK to clarify the characters numbers in points 1 and 2 of fn:char
  • [ ] QT4CG-017-02: MK to change the order of points to 3, 4, 1, 2 in fn:char
  • [ ] QT4CG-017-03: SF to follow up on whether or not the browser has all the Unicode and emoji names.
  • [ ] QT4CG-017-04: MK to revise PR #284 to include an optional else ‘else’

2. Technical Agenda

2.1. Review pull request #284: Grammar for if-then w/o else

See pull request #284. Some discussion last week.

2.2. Review pull request #304

See pull request #304. This is Mike’s PR #292 redrafted by Norm. Mike writes:

I regret that this has turned into a bit of an omnibus PR. The main changes are:

  • Fix validity issues with the function catalog and its schema (Issue 291)
  • Convert all functions to use a single signature with optional parameters (Issue 70)
  • Extend the function catalog to handle record definitions (Issue 257)
  • Fix the (trivial) bug with properties of fn:path (Issue 288)
  • Add introductory text concerning the handling of operators (Issue 35)

2.3. Review pull request #290 (function type hierarchy)

See pull request #290. This PR seems to be against an earlier draft so the diff markup is a bit odd. I believe the only intended change is the paragraph in 2.9.1 Functions.

2.4. Review pull request #286: allow child::(a|b|c)

2.5. Issue #299 (formerly #281)

We had some discussion of #281 previously, but no resolution. Awaiting more feedback from the CG in the issue.

2.6. XPath 4.0 functions

2.6.1. fn:duplicate-values

2.6.5. fn:differences

Editorially, this function is not ready for approval. We should decide if we want to pursue it, and if we do, how.

2.6.10. map:entries

2.6.14. fn:split-by-graphemes

2.6.15. fn:deep-normalize-space

2.6.16. fn:parcel, fn:unparcel, array:from-members/of, array:members/parcels

2.6.17. array:values, map:values

3. Any other business