QT4 CG Meeting 019 Agenda 2023-01-24


This meeting will be hosted on Zoom at 16:00GMT (17:00CET, 11:00EST).

See the meeting logistics page for details.

1. Administrivia

1.1. Roll call

Regrets: MK.

1.2. Approve the agenda

1.3. Approve minutes of previous meeting

Minutes of the previous meeting.

1.4. Next meeting

Regrets for the next meeting?

1.5. Review of open action items [4/16]

(Items marked [X] are believed to have been closed via email before this agenda was posted.)

  • [ ] QT4CG-002-10: BTW to coordinate some ideas about improving diversity in the group
  • [ ] QT4CG-015-02: NW to improve the width of the diagrams, perhaps multiple views
  • [ ] QT4CG-015-04: NW to investigate of a dynamic presentation is practical
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-02: NW to add an ed-note indicating when it was approved.
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-03: RD to add a note clarifying “known character encoding”
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-04: RD to add a note clarifying the “*”/”*” html/version combination
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-05: RD to add a “todo” noting the dependency on keyword arguments
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-06: RD to reword the introduction to mapping to clarify who’s doing the mapping
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-07: NW to make an issue about the problems of document-uri uniqueness
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-08: RD to clarify how namespace comparisons are performed.
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-09: RD to add a note stating that the local name should always be lowercase
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-10: RD to consider how to clarify parsed entity parsing.
  • [X] QT4CG-018-01: MK to make a PR that removes ternary expressions.
  • [X] QT4CG-018-02: MK to review “In this notation, function-name, in bold face…” in 1.5.
  • [X] QT4CG-018-03: MK to address the issues raised in the commeont on PR 304
  • [X] QT4CG-018-04: MK to consider the editorial suggestion on “a predicate is not part of a step”

2. Technical Agenda

We have regrets from MK for this week, but some of these PRs seem straight-forward enough to resolve in his absence.

2.1. Review pull request #313 fn:remove()

2.2. Review pull request #312 minor editorial improvements

2.3. Review pull request #310 outstanding issues from PR #304

2.4. Review pull request #309 drop ternery conditionals

2.5. Review pull request #308 improvements to type diagrams

2.6. Issue #299 (formerly #281)

We had some discussion of #281 previously, but no resolution. Awaiting more feedback from the CG in the issue.

2.7. XPath 4.0 functions

2.7.1. fn:duplicate-values

2.7.5. fn:differences

Editorially, this function is not ready for approval. We should decide if we want to pursue it, and if we do, how.

2.7.10. map:entries

2.7.14. fn:split-by-graphemes

2.7.15. fn:deep-normalize-space

2.7.16. fn:parcel, fn:unparcel, array:from-members/of, array:members/parcels

2.7.17. array:values, map:values

3. Any other business