QT4 CG Meeting 020 Agenda 2023-01-31


This meeting will be hosted on Zoom at 16:00GMT (17:00CET, 11:00EST).

See the meeting logistics page for details.

1. Administrivia

1.1. Roll call

1.2. Approve the agenda

1.3. Approve minutes of previous meeting

Minutes of the previous meeting.

1.4. Next meeting

This meeting is planned for 31 January, the following meeting is scheduled for 7 February.

Regrets for the following meeting?

1.5. Review of open action items [4/16]

(Items marked [X] are believed to have been closed via email before this agenda was posted.)

  • [ ] QT4CG-002-10: BTW to coordinate some ideas about improving diversity in the group
  • [ ] QT4CG-015-02: NW to improve the width of the diagrams, perhaps multiple views
  • [ ] QT4CG-015-04: NW to investigate of a dynamic presentation is practical
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-02: NW to add an ed-note indicating when it was approved.
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-03: RD to add a note clarifying “known character encoding”
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-04: RD to add a note clarifying the “*”/”*” html/version combination
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-05: RD to add a “todo” noting the dependency on keyword arguments
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-06: RD to reword the introduction to mapping to clarify who’s doing the mapping
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-07: NW to make an issue about the problems of document-uri uniqueness
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-08: RD to clarify how namespace comparisons are performed.
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-09: RD to add a note stating that the local name should always be lowercase
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-10: RD to consider how to clarify parsed entity parsing.
  • [ ] QT4CG-020-01: MK to fix the type of $pattern in fn:tokenize()
  • [ ] QT4CG-020-02: NW to revisit the width issue in the type diagrams

2. Technical Agenda

2.1. PR #319: Issue 221: op:same-key becomes fn:atomic-equal

See pull request #319. We already have one approval for this PR.

2.2. PR #320: Issue 98 - add options parameter to fn:deep-equal

See pull request #320. Mike asks especially for careful review, this is not a simple change.

2.3. PR #324: Proposed syntax and semantics for string templates

See pull request #324. We already have one approval for this PR.

2.4. PR #326: Issue 205: make support for higher-order functions mandatory

See pull request #326. We already have one approval for this PR.

2.5. PR #308: Improve the legends in the diagrams

See pull request #308. This is somewhat aspirational, NW asserts that he plans to have this ready for review again before tomorrow.

2.6. Issue #299 (formerly #281)

We had some discussion of #281 previously, but no resolution. Awaiting more feedback from the CG in the issue.

2.7. XPath 4.0 functions

2.7.1. fn:duplicate-values

2.7.5. fn:differences

Editorially, this function is not ready for approval. We should decide if we want to pursue it, and if we do, how.

2.7.10. map:entries

2.7.14. fn:split-by-graphemes

2.7.15. fn:deep-normalize-space

2.7.16. fn:parcel, fn:unparcel, array:from-members/of, array:members/parcels

2.7.17. array:values, map:values

3. Any other business