QT4 CG Meeting 025 Agenda 2023-03-07


This meeting will be hosted on Zoom at 16:00GMT (17:00CET, 11:00EST, 08:00PST).

See the meeting logistics page for details.

1. Administrivia

1.1. Roll call

1.2. Approve the agenda

1.3. Approve minutes of previous meeting

Minutes of the previous meeting.

1.4. Next meeting

This meeting is planned for 7 March, the following meeting is scheduled for 14 March.

Any regrets for the following meeting?

1.5. Review of open action items [1/7]

(Items marked [X] are believed to have been closed via email before this agenda was posted.)

  • [ ] QT4CG-002-10: BTW to coordinate some ideas about improving diversity in the group
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-08: RD to clarify how namespace comparisons are performed.
  • [ ] QT4CG-023-01: NW to review the stylesheets for functions across XPath and XSLT
  • [ ] QT4CG-023-05: NW to put record types on an agenda.
  • [ ] QT4CG-024-01: MK to add namespace-uri-for-prefix argument changes to the compatibility appendix
  • [ ] QT4CG-024-02: DN to develop an alternative proposal for deep-action.
  • [X] QT4CG-024-03: NW to create issues for improving fn:deep-equal

2. Technical Agenda

Last week, the suggestion was made that we try to clear up a bit of the back log in PRs by reviewing some of the smaller, simpler ones. Please read these issues in preparation for the meeting so that we are more likely to be able to move through them swiftly.

2.1. PR #375: Context for default parameter values

Contrary to the remark above, this is not a small issue. But it’s a bug and deseves high priority. I propose a 30 minute time box on this issue so that we do have time to resolve some low hanging fruit.

See pull request #375.

2.2. PR #378: Update the localName and unparsed entity reference notes for parse-html

2.3. PR #371: Issue 370: forwards and backwards compatibility for 4.0

2.4. PR #364: Generalize switch expressions in XQuery

2.5. PR #363: Issue 345; missing rules for type matching

2.6. PR #355: Add to imp-defined-feature-appendix

2.7. PR #344: Issue 22: allow "for"/"let" keyword to be repeated in XPath

2.8. PR #347: Attempt to clarify fn:parse-uri and fn:build-uri

2.9. More issues

If we get through all of the PRs proposed above, we’ll take on any additional issues that the group suggests.

3. Any other business