QT4 CG Meeting 042 Agenda 2023-07-18

Agenda index / QT4CG.org / Dashboard / GH Issues / GH Pull Requests


This meeting will be hosted on Zoom at 16:00BST (17:00CEST, 11:00EDT, 08:00PDT).

See the meeting logistics page for details.

1. Administrivia

1.1. Roll call

1.2. Approve the agenda

1.3. Approve minutes of previous meeting

Minutes of the previous meeting.

1.4. Next meeting

This meeting is planned for 18 July, the following meeting is scheduled for 25 July.

Any regrets for the following meeting?

The CG will take a vacation for four weeks in August. We will not meet on 1, 8, 15, or 22 August.

1.5. Review of open action items [0/5]

(Items marked [X] are believed to have been closed via email before this agenda was posted.)

  • [ ] QT4CG-002-10: BTW to coordinate some ideas about improving diversity in the group
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-08: RD to clarify how namespace comparisons are performed.
  • [ ] QT4CG-026-01: MK to write a summary paper that outlines the decisions we need to make on “value sequences”
    • This is related to PR #368: Issue 129 - Context item generalized to context value and subsequent discussion.
  • [ ] QT4CG-029-07: NW to open the next discussion of #397 with a demo from DN See PR #449
  • [ ] QT4CG-039-01: NW to schedule discussion of issue #52, Allow record(*) based RecordTests

1.6. Review of open pull requests and issues

The following PRs are open but have merge conflicts or comments which suggest they aren’t ready for action.

  • PR #538: Attempt to allow xs:string to be 'promoted to' xs:anyURI
  • PR #368: 129: Context item generalized to context value
  • PR #546: 414: Attempt to implement expanding the allowed character repertoire

The following substantive PRs were open when this agenda was prepared.

  • PR #614: 123: fn:duplicate-values
  • PR #609: 508: New Map & Array Functions: Inconsistencies
  • PR #603: 602 Implausible Expressions
  • PR #589: 561: abbreviation fn=function, drop lambda syntax
  • PR #575: 359: fn:void: Absorb result of evaluated argument
  • PR #533: 413: Spec for CSV parsing with fn:parse-csv()
  • PR #529: 528: revision of json(), and renaming to xdm-to-json()

The following editorial or otherwise minor PRs were open when this agenda was prepared. The chair proposes that these can be merged without discussion. If you think discussion is necessary, please say so.

  • PR #612: 128: fn:replace: Tweaks
  • PR #611: 329: Keyword parameters: Error codes
  • PR #610: 506: fn:error: parameter names
  • PR #607: XQFO Examples: Fixes, Formatting
  • PR #606: Allow element(A|B) and attribute(A|B)
  • PR #605: 21: Revise appendix for reserved function names
  • PR #604: [Editorial] Drop the unused symbol URILiteral from the XPath grammar appendix

It has been proposed that the following issues be closed without action. If you think discussion is necessary, please say so.

  • None at this time

The following PRs appear to be candidates for a future XSLT-focussed meeting.

  • PR #599: 90: Simplified stylesheets with no xsl:version
  • PR #470: 369 add fixed-prefixes attribute in XSLT
  • PR #412: 409, QT4CG-027-01: xsl:next-match

2. Technical Agenda

2.1. Issue #566: fn:parse-uri, fn:build-uri: Feedback

See Issue #566, in particular comment comment #3.

2.2. Namespace comparisons in HTML

RD requested discussion per his action QT4CG-016-08.

2.3. Issue #596: Pinned values: Transforming Trees

See Issue #596.

3. Any other business