QT4 CG Meeting 043 Agenda 2023-07-25

Agenda index / QT4CG.org / Dashboard / GH Issues / GH Pull Requests


This meeting will be hosted on Zoom at 16:00BST (17:00CEST, 11:00EDT, 08:00PDT).

See the meeting logistics page for details.

1. Administrivia

1.1. Roll call

1.2. Approve the agenda

1.3. Approve minutes of previous meeting

Minutes of the previous meeting. Note: NW made a few small editorial changes on 21 July 2023 (removed a duplicate action number; updated the list of new and continuing actions.)

1.4. Next meeting

This meeting is planned for 25 July, the following meeting is scheduled for 29 August.

Any regrets for the following meeting?

The CG will take a vacation for four weeks in August. We will not meet on 1, 8, 15, or 22 August.

1.5. Review of open action items [0/5]

(Items marked [X] are believed to have been closed via email before this agenda was posted.)

  • [ ] QT4CG-002-10: BTW to coordinate some ideas about improving diversity in the group
  • [ ] QT4CG-016-08: RD to clarify how namespace comparisons are performed.
  • [ ] QT4CG-026-01: MK to write a summary paper that outlines the decisions we need to make on “value sequences”
    • This is related to PR #368: Issue 129 - Context item generalized to context value and subsequent discussion.
  • [ ] QT4CG-029-07: NW to open the next discussion of #397 with a demo from DN See PR #449
  • [ ] QT4CG-039-01: NW to schedule discussion of issue #52, Allow record(*) based RecordTests
  • [ ] QT4CG-042-01: NW to use sequences instead of arrays in parse-uri output.
  • [ ] QT4CG-042-02: NW to make the query into a simple map with repeated values.
  • [ ] QT4CG-042-03: NW to consider revisions to query parses.

1.6. Review of open pull requests and issues

See technical agenda below.

2. Technical Agenda

CG proposes that our goal this week should be to close as many open PRs as possible. I think that’s a good idea. This is the list of PRs open today, but we might consider the entire list on Tuesday.

The chairs propose a triage approach: can we accept this PR without discussion? Can we resolve any concerns with five minutes of discussion? If the answer to either of those is “no”, or turns out to be mistaken, we move on.

If we get through all the open PRs before the hour is up, we can reconsider PRs that might take 10 minutes of discussion, or we can try to close some open issues.

Please use comments on the PRs to attempt to get any concerns you have resolved before Tuesday.

  • PR #630: XPath spec ch. 3 minor edits
  • PR #629: 574: fn:log: Trace and discard results
  • PR #627: Adjusted function category descriptions
  • PR #626: Adjusted serialization step 5 note
  • PR #625: XPath minor edits, chh. 1-2
  • PR #623: Issue93 sort descending
  • PR #621: Removed chapter 4 from XDM
  • PR #619: XDM ch. 6 minor edits
  • PR #609: 508: New Map & Array Functions: Inconsistencies
  • PR #606: Allow element(A|B) and attribute(A|B)
  • PR #603: 602 Implausible Expressions
  • PR #599: 90: Simplified stylesheets with no xsl:version
  • PR #589: 561: abbreviation fn=function, drop lambda syntax
  • PR #575: 359: fn:void: Absorb result of evaluated argument
  • PR #546: 414: Attempt to implement expanding the allowed character repertoire
  • PR #538: Attempt to allow xs:string to be 'promoted to' xs:anyURI
  • PR #533: 413: Spec for CSV parsing with fn:parse-csv()
  • PR #529: 528: revision of json(), and renaming to xdm-to-json()
  • PR #470: 369 add fixed-prefixes attribute in XSLT
  • PR #412: 409, QT4CG-027-01: xsl:next-match
  • PR #368: 129: Context item generalized to context value

3. Any other business