QT4 CG Meeting 050 Agenda 2023-10-17

Agenda index / QT4CG.org / Dashboard / GH Issues / GH Pull Requests


This meeting will be hosted on Zoom at 16:00BST (17:00CEST, 11:00EDT, 08:00PDT).

See the meeting logistics page for details.

1. Administrivia

1.1. Roll call

1.2. Approve the agenda

1.3. Approve minutes of previous meeting

Minutes of the previous meeting.

1.4. Next meeting

This meeting is planned for 17 October, the following meeting is scheduled for 24 October.

Any regrets for the following meeting?

1.5. Review of open action items [1/12]

(Items marked [X] are believed to have been closed via email before this agenda was posted.)

  • [ ] QT4CG-045-02: RD to address comments on HTML namespaces in another PR
  • [ ] QT4CG-046-01: MK to continue the work on #129 for the other specs (we accepted #703)
  • [ ] QT4CG-046-04: CG to flesh out changes related to annotations in other parts of the specs
  • [ ] QT4CG-046-05: NW to updated parse-uri to use decode-from-uri (issue #566)
  • [ ] QT4CG-048-01: MK - to identify what happens with the mode default rule behaviours.
  • [ ] QT4CG-048-02: MK to clean up the proposal for adding @as to xsl:sequence and elsewhere
  • [ ] QT4CG-049-01: MK to make sure CastTarget is defined locally
  • [ ] QT4CG-049-02: NW to sort out what has made the dashboard so unwieldy

1.6. Review of open pull requests and issues

1.6.1. Blocked

The following PRs are open but have merge conflicts or comments which suggest they aren’t ready for action.

  • PR #538: 480: Attempt to allow xs:string to be 'promoted to' xs:anyURI

1.6.2. Merge without discussion

The following PRs are editorial, small, or otherwise appeared to be uncontroversial when the agenda was prepared. The chairs propose that these can be merged without discussion. If you think discussion is necessary, please say so.

  • #752 Fix "for member" grammar problems
  • #751 See ACTION QT4CG-048-01: xsl:mode/@as with built-in templates
  • #744 XQFO Examples: minor fixes, formatting
  • #741 Fix copy and paste errors in describing type patterns
  • #740 Rename break-when to split-when, plus minor editorial cleanup
  • #739 Apply review comment changes to the HTML DOM XDM mapping.

NW has reservations about E and L (and Q for that matter) but won’t object if he’s alone.

  • #749 Add string literals E".." and L".." to control entity expansion

1.6.3. Close without action

It has been proposed that the following issues be closed without action. If you think discussion is necessary, please say so.

None this week.

1.6.4. XSLT focused

The following PRs appear to be candidates for a future XSLT-focussed meeting.

  • #470: 369 add fixed-prefixes attribute in XSLT
  • #412: 409, QT4CG-027-01: xsl:next-match

These issues identify the XSLT-focused changes that have been made to the specifications but which have not been established by the community group as the status quo.

  • Issue #742: xsl:function-library: keep, drop, or refine?
  • Issue #169: Handling of duplicate keys in xsl:map Enhancement
  • Issue #168: XSLT Extension Instructions invoking Named Templates

1.6.5. Substantive PRs

The following substantive PRs were open when this agenda was prepared.

  • PR #737: 295 Boost the capability of recursive record types
  • PR #736: 730: Clarify (and correct) rules for maps as instances of function types
  • PR #734: 517: fn:chain
  • PR #719: 413: Spec for CSV-related functions
  • PR #659: 647: schema location hints
  • PR #635: 451: Schema compatibility
  • PR #529: 528: revision of json(), and renaming to elements-to-maps()

1.6.6. Proposed for V4.0

The following issues are labled “proposed for V4.0”.

  • Issue #716: Generators in XPath
  • Issue #479: fn:deep-equal: Input order
  • Issue #340: fn:format-number: Specifying decimal format
  • Issue #260: array:index-of
  • Issue #238: Support Invisible XML
  • Issue #130: New super/union type xs:binary?

2. Technical Agenda

2.1. PR #719: 413: Spec for CSV-related functions

See PR #719.

Status update with MP. Short discussion of recent comments about functions.

2.2. PR #659: 647: schema location hints

See PR #659.

2.3. PR #635: 451: Schema compatibility

See PR #635.

2.4. PR #529: 528: revision of json(), and renaming to elements-to-maps()

See PR #529.

2.5. PR #734: 517: fn:chain

See #734.

3. Any other business